Your mantra for the rest of this semester: Repeatable and Completable
Project Parameters per Major:
- Animation, Illustration, Fine Art, Ad/Graph –DRAW DRAW DRAW
Select your strict parameters –What are you drawing, where, how, when »2 full large sketch pad sheets (17” x 24”) or 6 regular sketchbook pages ( 8 ½” x 11”) FULL of drawn content per session. Thats about 6 figures per page, and 1.5 minutes per figure, to fill 6 pages in one hour.
- Photo and Cinematic Arts –Capture Capture Capture
Select your strict parameters –What are you capturing, where, how, when »Videos must be vignettes (no longer than 15 seconds) »Photos no less than 10 photos per session. Your chosen avenue of work must be done on the daily, and should take an hour maximum and half hour minimum.
- NO EDITING: This is an exercise to addict you to regular art making. *Do not revisit your previous session’s work –View each session as a stepping stone, complete, and MOVE ON!
Now that we’ve had some conversation about this assignment, please take some time to translate your understanding of the parameters for your Chosen Creative Habit. State specifically what you are choosing to do, and then tell us how you will go about it each day/week.
What is the Daily part of this process for you? Each day should have repetitive task, such as drawing, recording (photo/short video), collaging or writing. Post a record of this practice to your blog at least twice a week, or everyday, after you’ve done your 60 minute daily practice. NO EDITING.
The repetitive task is where your habit forming develops. In your posts-especially your Tuesday ones, share details and insight about the work you are doing, instead of general info.
Post a minimum of twice a week.
- Tuesdays by 10:45a you will post the work completed during class. Go to your homeroom for both days from here on out (unless we have a Tuesday presenter). Title your post as follows: “4/8/14 Workday“, then write your post, including language about your work, images of your process. Share this day’s progress in the post, and include your perspective and reaction to what’s happening in your head as you are doing the work. It may include discussion on the logistics of creating, discoveries while using the tools you are learning, or how you feel this repetitive focus is helping you grow into your chosen major.
- Wednesdays, by 11:59p you will post 5 days of the work you completed in the last 5 days. Share your visual progress in scans or digital camera pics of your drawn pages. If you prefer to post on the daily (we welcome that!), then pick one of your best works per day and share that content by Wednesday eve.
- Best Practice is to post daily. If you do post daily, talk to your instructor, as they may allow you to skip the wednesday post requirement!
If you do not post by Tuesday at 10:45a AND by Wednesday, 11:59p, you will receive a ZERO for that week’s grade.
“A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labours of a spasmodic Hercules.”