We’ll meet in Canzani Auditorium where Meg Brown and Katie Poole, from Thurber House, will help you find your voice, fix your grammar (yes, it counts!) and add some spunk to your blogs while still being professional. You’ll learn how to keep your personality and sense of humor without turning away employers. Blogging: it’s not just homework!
Awesome Artist/Writing/Artist Statement site:
- Claremont Graduate University: http://www.cgu.edu/pages/7483.asp
For all things grammar:
- Purdue Online Writing Lab: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/
- The Writing Center (University of Wisc.-Madison): http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/Proofreading.html
- Quick and Dirty Tips/Grammar: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/grammar -girl
- Snap Online Marketing article on blog editing: http://www.snapagency.com/blog/simple-text-editing-software/
- English Grammar 101: http://www.dailywritingtips.com/english-grammar-101-all-you-need-to-know/
For all your spelling needs:
- Merriam Webster Dictionary: http://www.merriam-webster.com/
- Thesaurus: http://thesaurus.com/
- Macmillan Dictionary: http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us
For all of your editing needs (all free):
- Great article outlining these sites: http://www.bogdanfiedur.info/free-online-proofreading-tools/.
- Paper Rater: http://www.paperrater.com/
- Ginger: http://www.gingersoftware.com/grammarcheck (have to download the software but it’s free)
- Polish my writing: http://www.polishmywriting.com/
*Sites were found through online searching. These are public websites and not promoted by Thurber House.